While looking for interesting library related videos online I came across The Unquiet Library.
Allot of the information for the Unquiet Library has been developed by Buffy Hamilton for the Creekview High School (Georgia, USA) Library Media Centre website, and some links to her websites are below. The term ‘Media Centre’ hasn’t caught on in Australia yet, but it refers to a ‘Hybrid Library‘ which incorporates digital technology into the traditional library services
to allow for increased participation by service users to develop the sort of library users need – essentially, ‘Library 2.0’.
The online face of the Unquiet Library includes:
- Blog – http://theunquietlibrary.wordpress.com/what-is-the-unquiet-library/
- Google Profiles – https://profiles.google.com/theunquietlibrary/about (Portal to other sites)
- LibGuides.com – http://theunquietlibrary.libguides.com/
- Delicious – http://www.delicious.com/creekview_hs_library
- Youtube – http://www.youtube.com/user/theunquietlibrary#p/u
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/theunquietlibrary/
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Unquiet-Library-Creekview-High-School-Media-Center/31676317923
- Wikispaces – http://theunquietlibrary.wikispaces.com/
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/#!/unquietlibrary
- FriendFeed – http://friendfeed.com/theunquietlibrary?subscribe=1
- Teachertube – http://www.teachertube.com/viewProfile.php?user=theunquietlibrary&ref=theunquietlibrary
- Google sites – https://sites.google.com/site/theunquietlibrary/
- Wikipedia – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creekview_High_School_(Canton,_Georgia)#The_Unquiet_Library
- I am sure there’s more…
- Blog – http://theunquietlibrarian.wordpress.com/
- ALA Learning – http://alalearning.org/authors/buffy-hamilton/ ; Buffy’s posts at ALA Learning Blog
- Slideshare – http://www.slideshare.net/buffyjhamilton (87 presentation as at 5th August 2011)
- Delicious – http://www.delicious.com/theunquietlibrary
- Vimeo – http://vimeo.com/user5011837
- Google – http://www.google.com/profiles/buffy.hamilton
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/#!/buffyjhamilton
- Diigo – http://www.diigo.com/profile/buffyjhamilton
- Netvibes – http://www.netvibes.com/buffyjhamilton#General
- Technorati – http://technorati.com/people/theunquietlibrarian
- Wikispaces – http://theunquietlibrarian.wikispaces.com/
- Google Sites – https://sites.google.com/site/aasl2009buffyjhamilton/home (includes a list of some more sites)
- Not just another brick in the wall : engaging 21st century learning through participatory school librarianship (2010), outlines some methods of using technology (blogs, etc) for participatory librarianship.
- media 21: constructing new stories of learning and libraries (July 2011), which outlines allot of the philosophy behind the Unquiet Library. R. David Lankes is referenced in the slides, and I came across some information by him, and ‘Participatory Librarianship’ when studying metadata a few years ago, and the concept is one all Library Students need to have a look at.
And if you are wondering how Buffy Hamilton can keep all these balls in the air at once, see her Subject Guide ‘How to keep up with almost everything’ from Creekview High School. This is a useful resource, worth sharing, as although library professionals are constantly being told to keep up with Library 2.0, finding an actual guide to do so is a God Send!